The Suitcase A man died, when he realized it, he saw God coming closer with a suitcase in his hand. - God said: Alright son it’s time to go. - surprised the man responded: Now? So soon? I had a lot of plans... - I'm sorry but it’s time to go.
- What do you have in that suitcase? the man asked. - God answered: Your belongings. - My belongings? you mean my things, my clothes, my money? - God answered: Those things were not yours they belonged to the earth.
- Is it my memories? the man asked. - God answered: those never belonged to you they belonged to Time
- Is it my talents? - God answered: those were never yours they belonged to the circumstances.
- Is it my friends and family? -God answered: I'm sorry they were never yours they belonged to the path.
- Is it my wife and son? - God answered: They were never yours they belonged to your heart.
- Is it my body? - God answered: that was never yours it belonged to the dust.
-Is it my soul? God answered: No that is mine.
Full of fear, the man took the suitcase from God and opened it just to find out the suitcase was empty. - With a tear coming down his cheek the man said: I never had anything??? -God answered: that is correct, every moment you lived were only yours. Life is just a moment. a moment that belongs to you. For this reason enjoy this time while you have it. Don't let anything that you think you own stop you from doing so. - Live Now - Live your life - Don't forget to be happy, that is the only thing that matters. - Material things and everything else that you fought for stay here. - YOU CAN'T TAKE ANYTHING
Posted By: Jo Ann Horne
Datetime: 2015-11-13 05:16
What a Blessing your words of inspiration are to me and my husband! This is
my first response to a blog and I couldn't wait to let you know how encouraged we are. My husband has had several surgeries , is on the list for a kidney, and I came home today and discovered he has cancer. But we
are trusting God and His word! Nothing and nobody can steal our joy!
It was a sheer pleasure to meet you and Kirsten. You both seem to live by the words that you talk about. I'll remember you frequently in my prayers.
Jo Ann Horne
(Your Flight Attendant from JNB to ATL)